Friday, August 20, 2010

Coffee Table Refurbish



I was given a coffee table a while back by my business partner over at RC Wood Creations. I don't have a before picture which is usually a must for me. I only have a work in progress picture. The original table was a blond wood colour and a mix of paper laminate on press-board and real pine. The squares in the center consisted of smaller panels of wood and rose coloured glass. I ripped the center pieces out and repainted the table (as paper laminate and press-board could not be sanded and re-stained). Then I replaced the center panels with MDF board with a flat back finish and a layered plastic resin on top of that to give the surface a good durable finish.


All in all, I think it turned out pretty good. It is currently sitting in my living-room.

No comments:

Post a Comment